When You Face A Tough Legal Problem
Don’t Get Burned
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Criminal Defense
  4.  » Sealing Or Expunging A Criminal Record

Is Your Criminal Record Holding You Back?

Have you struggled to find a new job or apartment because of a criminal charge or conviction on your record? An estimated 70 million Americans have a criminal record of some sort. This is the same number who have a college degree. Even if you were never convicted or charges were dropped, you may still need to ask to have all records sealed.

The sealment and expungement processes are complicated in Florida. You need to determine whether you qualify. Make a mistake and you won’t be able to clear your record. This is not a do-it-yourself area of the law; you need to speak with a lawyer.

In Gulf Coast communities within Escambia and Baldwin counties, defense attorney James M. Burns can help you through the process. From an office in Pensacola, he has represented many clients over the years. Could this help with a past drug charge/conviction or alcohol-related offense? He will be able to review your situation and help seal or expunge your record as quickly as possible.

Seal/Expunge Your Record, Then Begin The Employment Search

Why do you need to think ahead? The sealment process, for instance, requires preparing a sworn statement and obtaining a certificate of eligibility. You will also need to have your fingerprints taken.

The gears of government turn slowly, so do not expect to complete the process in a week.

Could You Get Your Driver’s License Back?

Various offenses may lead to a lengthy revocation of your driver’s license. There is another form of post-conviction relief that could help.

You may be able to qualify for a new hardship license. Generally, this is available when the revocation occurred more than 10 years ago. You must be able to show you have abstained from alcohol use and have no additional driving charges within the past five years.

Find out what your options might be to deal with past mistakes — call 850-930-3018 to talk with attorney James M. Burns. You can also schedule a free initial consultation by sending an online message with basic details about your case.