Pensacola Child Relocation Lawyer

Serving Florida & Alabama

Pensacola Child Relocation Lawyer

If you are looking to move more than 50 miles away with your child after a divorce or you are someone who opposes such a move, you need a Pensacola child relocation lawyer on your side. Continue reading and contact The Law Office of James M. Burns today to learn more about child relocation in Florida and how our legal team can help you.

Pensacola Child Relocation Lawyer

If you are the custodial parent and you are looking to move away with your child, you will either have to receive permission from the noncustodial parent or from the courts before you move. In some cases, the noncustodial parent will simply approve of the move and the parent can move more than 50 miles away with his or her child. However, when this doesn’t happen, it is paramount that you retain the services of a competent Pensacola family law attorney who can fight for the outcome that’s best for you and your child.

Facts Courts Consider When Determining Child Relocation

Courts will consider a number of different factors when determining whether you can move away with your child, however, they will primarily look out for your child’s best interests. If they determine that it would be in your child’s best interests to move away, they will most likely grant the relocation. Some of the factors courts will consider are as follows:

  • Your reason for wanting to move
  • Your former spouse’s reason for denying the move
  • Your child’s preference, if he or she is old/mature enough
  • Whether you are moving for your child to be closer to family
  • Whether you’re moving to get a new, better-paying job that would benefit your child financially
  • Whether you can provide a safe and comfortable home for your child
  • Ultimately, whether the move would benefit your child financially, socially, or educationally

The Challenges Of Relocation For Military Members

Military life adds a number of challenges to parenting, and especially co-parenting, after a divorce or separation. When a custody order is in effect and a service member or their spouse wishes to relocate, the situation can turn into a tangle of legal complexity.

The Law Office of James M. Burns handles a broad range of family law matters for military service members and their spouses at Eglin Air Force Base, Naval Air Station Pensacola, and other military installations throughout the Gulf region. Attorney James M. Burns can protect your parental rights and the best interests of your children in all custody-related matters, including those involving relocation.

Navigating the Challenges of Military Relocation Issues

There are a number of reasons military parents may need to relocate after a child custody order has been established. Service members routinely face changes in their duties, schedules, and place of work, and many must contend with the challenges of parenting while on deployment.

A non-serving spouse may also need to relocate for employment-related concerns or other reasons. When family court judges review relocation cases, their overriding concern is in determining if the move is in the child’s best interests.

Legal statutes recognize the difficulties of co-parenting while one parent is on active duty. Florida law allows service members who are deployed for more than 90 days to designate a third party (such as a grandparent, stepparent, or another close relative) to assume their time-sharing schedule in their absence.

Attorney James M. Burns takes all of these factors into account when helping military families craft child custody and time-sharing orders that work for everyone and support the best interests of the children involved. He works to achieve amicable agreements whenever possible but is always prepared for aggressive litigation when his clients’ parental rights are at stake.

Contact a Pensacola Child Relocation Lawyer

There is nothing more important than ensuring the well-being of your child is protected. Whether you are seeking to relocate with your child or you oppose your child’s other parent relocating, you need a knowledgeable Pensacola child relocation lawyer on your side. Contact The Law Office of James M. Burns today.