Even in an uncontested divorce, choosing the right Pensacola divorce lawyer to meet your legal needs is not a decision to take lightly. Contact The Law Office of James M. Burns today for an initial consultation to learn more about the divorce process in Florida and how our seasoned legal team can help guide you through it.
Pensacola Divorce Lawyer | Getting You Through Divorce And To A Better Tomorrow
Divorce is one of the most stressful, emotionally demanding transitions a person can face. Whether your greatest concerns involve the future care and upbringing of your children, obtaining fair property division and support orders, or other important challenges, it is vital to get experienced legal guidance as early in the divorce process as possible. You can depend on our Pensacola family law attorney right here at our firm to help you make informed decisions going forward.
Providing Practical And Experienced Legal Guidance For Your Divorce
During this pivotal time of your life, our Pensacola divorce lawyer will engage with you and focus on what matters most in your divorce. While most cases can be settled through careful divorce planning and negotiation or mediation, he is a proven litigator capable of winning favorable outcomes at trial on key issues, including:
- Child custody and child support: Mr. Burns has a balanced law practice, representing fathers and mothers who are focused on protecting their kids’ futures and their most important relationships.
- Property division: Whether you have modest property or millions in marital assets, you can count on rigorous effort to defend your financial interests.
- Spousal support: If you believe you should receive alimony or that your spouse will seek it, James M. Burns will build the strongest possible case on your behalf.
Providing Seasoned Legal Counsel With Contested And Uncontested Divorces
Pensacola divorce lawyer James M. Burns represents clients in Florida and Alabama. He will make sure that you understand every aspect of your family law claim so that you may make smart decisions at every juncture. Regardless of whether your divorce is contested or uncontested, you will want to ensure that your interests are protected. every step of the way.
Uncontested Divorce Vs. Contested Divorce in Florida
Depending on your level of communication with your soon-to-be ex-spouse – and your ability to negotiate fairly – you may choose either a contested or an uncontested divorce. Although an uncontested divorce usually takes less time and involves less expense than a divorce that is contested, it is important to protect your interests, especially if there are disagreements. The difference between contested and uncontested divorce in Florida is as follows:
- Uncontested divorce: In an uncontested divorce, both parties agree on the division of property, spousal support payments, child custody/support, and more. At that point, Mr. Burns will draw up the agreement, and you and your spouse will go to court for a one-time hearing. Our firm can help ensure that you can reach an agreement that is legal and in your best interests, both now and in the future.
- Contested divorce: If the divorce is contested, and your spouse either does not want the divorce or the two of you cannot come to an agreement on some or any of the terms, your divorce will probably take longer, and your family lawyer will need to be more involved. The legal skill and experience you will find in James M. Burns will help you to get a fair and just divorce settlement, just as he has for countless clients in both northwest Florida and southern Alabama.
Looking Out For Your Best Interests During Your Divorce
As a seasoned Pensacola divorce lawyer, James M. Burns understands all too well that any divorce, whether contested or uncontested, is usually going to be an emotional and difficult time. That is why he is fully committed to providing you with the personalized attention you need and that your case deserves.
From his family law practice in Pensacola, Mr. Burns will serve as a strong and dependable ally so that you can have peace of mind in knowing that you have a stalwart advocate who will aggressively pursue what is best for you, regardless of the circumstances surrounding your divorce.
Addressing Issues For Military Personnel And Families
Based in offices within minutes of Naval Air Station (NAS) Pensacola, attorney James M. Burns has built a reputation for effectiveness in helping with military divorces, which leads to many client referrals. He understands the strain that the demands of military service can put on a family and the laws governing the division of military benefits. If you need a Pensacola military divorce lawyer who can effectively fight for your best interests in a military divorce, you’ve come to the right place. Our legal team is prepared to assist you today.
Contact a Pensacola Divorce Lawyer
It may feel as if life is spinning out of control. Every decision you make and each action you take could alter your future in critical ways. The sooner you talk through your worries and goals with Pensacola divorce lawyer James M. Burns, the sooner you can regain a measure of control over what happens. For a consultation with a lawyer who will prioritize your case and your needs, call 850-930-3018 or contact The Law Office of James M. Burns online. Mr. Burns is licensed to practice in both Florida and Alabama, and he will put 20 years of experience in the legal field to work for you.