Having a gun crime charge on your record can have a number of negative effects. Our Pensacola gun crime lawyer has considerable knowledge handling criminal cases involving our Second Amendment rights, and if you have been charged with a gun crime, our firm is on your side. Give The Law Office of James M. Burns a call today to learn more about gun crimes in Florida and how we can best support you.
What are the gun laws in the state of Florida?
Every state has a number of laws in place to control the possession and use of firearms. Florida is no abnormality. Some of the gun laws in Florida include the following:
- It is unlawful to carry a handgun without a permit
- Felons may not possess or own firearms unless their civil rights have been restored
- “Drug addicts, alcoholics, mental incompetents, and vagrants” may not own or possess firearms
- If you are attacked in a place where you can lawfully be, such as on public property, you have a right to stand your ground and meet the attacker with force, including deadly force
- If you commit a crime, such as a robbery with a firearm, you will face enhanced sentencing
- It is unlawful to sell or give a firearm to anyone under the age of 21
- Those who have received final injunctions restraining them from committing an act of domestic violence may not possess or own a firearm or ammunition
If you have been charged with of any of the above-mentioned laws, you may be facing serious penalties including incarceration, high fines, and a criminal record, among other penalties. With our firm on your side, you will never have to go through any of these alone. Give us a call today to discuss the details of your case and the best options for you. We are here to protect you and your future.
Why might I benefit from having a gun crime attorney on my side?
If you have been accused of illegal possession or unlawful use of a firearm, it is important to recognize that Florida, Alabama and federal laws governing weapons offenses are complex and severe. As a result, these kinds of crimes have the potential for jail or prison time, but that is only one serious concern to consider. It is important to assess every possible path to avoiding a conviction that could have devastating effects on an individual and his or her future. Continue reading, and give our firm a call today to learn more about how we can help you.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED PENSACOLA FIRM
The Law Office of James M. Burns helps people through various legal issues, including those involving criminal law, family law, personal injury law, and will & probate law. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation.